Giving Voice

Monday 18 July 2011

The Story so Far...


I’ve been involved in the Giving Voice campaign since the beginning of the year. It’s a year long campaign and I can’t believe we’re more than half way through already! A year seems like a long time in January but I’m sure you all relate to how quickly time passes and I’m still not quite sure where the last 6 and a half months have gone!!
My Giving Voice campaigning so far has included being a ‘Twitface’ on Metro Radio, supporting a locally arranged Flashmob, lobbying my local MP (Ian Lavery), and arranging a stall at local Ashington street fair (once in glorious sunshine J and once in pouring rain!L). I am thoroughly enjoying being involved in this important campaign and it is rewarding when people realise how important speech and language therapy is, and inspiring when they share their personal experiences of how it has helped them :D
 I hope to use this blog to share simple ideas about how you can get involved in the campaign as well as raise some more awareness of the importance of Speech and Language Therapy. I also want to keep you up to date with my campaigning and hope it provides some inspiration for you to get involved too! Please check back and share the blog with your family and friends.   

No comments:

Post a Comment